We have the answers you need
1. What is Dash PET?
Dash PET is an insurance savings plan that offers savings at high returns, with capital guaranteed and full flexibility of funds. Grow your Dash PET while it takes care of your financial health.
Dash PET life insureds are also covered for life protection and COVID-19.
The policy is underwritten by Etiqa Insurance Pte. Ltd. (Company Reg. No. 201331905K).
2. What are the benefits of Dash PET?
As a Dash PET life insured, you enjoy:
- High returns, capital guaranteed: Earn as high as 1.3%1a. returns on your savings
- Easy requirement: Start saving from just S$50 up to S$30,000
- Flexible funds: Top up and withdraw funds anytime, with no lock-in period or penalty
- Affordable add-on protection: Life coverage from as low as 2 cents a day with additional returns on your savings
1Earn up to 1.3% p.a. on your first S$10,000 and up to 0.3% p.a. for above S$10,000 for the first year. Crediting Rate is non-guaranteed.
3. Dash PET is a yearly renewable policy. What does this mean?
This is a yearly renewable plan and the policy term is 1 year. At the end of 1 year policy term, this policy will be renewed automatically for another 1 year at the same conditions on the expiry date before renewal, so long as the following conditions are met:
- this policy is in force on the expiry date before the renewal; and
- you (life insured) has not reached age 100 at the renewal date.
Etiqa Insurance reserves the right to terminate this policy by giving 90 days’ notice. Upon termination, Etiqa will refund the Account value, less any amounts owing to Etiqa.
4. What are the returns for Dash PET and how are they calculated?
Dash PET life insureds will earn returns at the following rates based on the Account Value (inclusive of earned interests):
- First S$10,000: 1.3% p.a. for the first year
- Above S$10,000: 0.3% p.a. for the first year
The minimum average daily Account Value balance is S$50 to be eligible for interests and other policy benefits.
Receive up to 0.25% p.a. on the first S$10,000 of your Dash PET account value for the first year, for each active add-on protection.
NEW: You can now receive additional interest on the first S$10,000 of your Dash PET account value for the first year, when you add on protection:
- For all Dash PET policyholders: Up to +0.25% p.a. for each activated paid add-on protection
- For selected Dash PET policyholders: +0.2% p.a. when you opt in to complimentary add-on protection
The returns are calculated daily based on the crediting rate. Returns will be credited on the 1st of every calendar month.
5. My Dash PET policy started before 27 April 2021. What is my rate of returns?
If your Dash PET policy’s start date is 26 April 2021 and before, you will continue to enjoy 1.7%2 p.a. returns for the first year, starting from the policy start date.
- First S$10,000: 1.7%2a. for the first year
- Above S$10,000: 1.2%3a. for the first year
2Guaranteed at 1.0% p.a. + 0.7% p.a. bonus for the first policy year.
3Guaranteed at 1.0% p.a. + 0.2% p.a. bonus for the first policy year.
6. What is Dash PET insurance coverage?
In the event of death during the policy term, 105% of your Account Value will be paid as the death benefit and the policy ends. Please refer to your Policy Terms and Conditions for details.
All Dash PET life insureds are also entitled to the Financial Assistance Benefit for COVID-19, including side effects of the vaccine, introduced by Etiqa Insurance. For more information on the benefits and other terms, please visit https://www.tiq.com.sg/covid19/.
All Dash PET users may now add up to three add-on protection plans to their existing Dash PET policy.
1. Who can sign up for Dash PET?
Dash PET is applicable for eligible Singtel Dash users aged between 17 to 75 (at next birthday) with a valid Singapore NRIC or Singapore residency/work pass. Sign up or log in to Singtel Dash app to check your eligibility.
Please note that all applications are subjected to the acceptance by Etiqa Insurance Pte. Ltd..
Only one Dash PET policy per individual is allowed at any point in time, regardless whether your policy is active or inactive. This policy is subject to Eligibility Rules. For more information on Eligibility Rules, please refer to https://www.tiq.com.sg/Eligibility-rules.pdf.
2. I already have Dash EasyEarn. Can I sign up for Dash PET?
Yes you may! Dash EasyEarn and Dash PET are different policies, so you can save with both plans and enjoy the respective high rates of return. You are allowed to hold one Dash EasyEarn and one Dash PET policy at any time.
3. Can I re-activate my policy if I free-look or surrender the policy?
Once you request for a freelook or surrender on your policy, you will not be able to make another purchase of this policy within a 12 months period.
1. How do I manage my account?
Everything’s on Singtel Dash app! Launch Dash > Home screen > ‘Grow Money’ tile to access and manage your account.
- View Dash PET policy details
- Top up your account
- Make transfers and withdrawals of funds
2. How do I grow my Dash PET?
Grow your Dash PET by increasing your account value.
Manage your Dash PET on Singtel Dash app! Launch Dash > Home screen > ‘Grow Money’ tile to access your Dash PET dashboard.
3. How do I top up my account?
Select any of these options to top up your Dash PET account from S$1:
- Dash Wallet
- Bank Account via PayNow
- Bank Account via eNets (minimum S$50).
Ad-hoc top-up available for up to age 75 (age next birthday) only.
1. What are the ways to make a partial withdrawal?
You may make partial withdrawals from as little as S$1.
- Transfer to Dash Wallet
- Bank account via PayNow (70 cents apply per transaction)
Maintain an Average Daily Account Value balance of at least S$50 to continue earning interests for that month and maintain at least S$1 of account value to keep your policy active.
If you wish to make a full withdrawal, you will need to request to surrender your policy. Please note that once your policy is surrendered, the add-on protection tagged to your policy will also be terminated and you may not make another purchase of this policy within a 12-month period.
We reserve the right to delay the payment of the withdrawal amount/surrender benefit for up to a period of 6 months from the date of the withdrawal/surrender request. We will exercise this right when there is a surge in withdrawals (partial/full) within the Portfolio during a very short period of time.
1. What are the add-on protection plans available, and their benefits?
Dash PET users may activate the following add-on protection from as low as 2 cents a day:
– Major Cancer
– Accidental Death
– Death & Total and Permanent Disability
For each add-on protection, you may enjoy the following:
– Be covered from S$10,000 to S$100,000 sum assured
– Affordable premium from as low as 2 cents a day
– Seamless daily payment right from your Dash PET account
ADDITIONAL INTEREST ON YOUR SAVINGS:
Receive up to 0.25% p.a. on the first S$10,000 of your Dash PET account value for the first year, for each active paid add-on protection.
Selected Dash PET users are also eligible for the COMPLIMENTARY add-on protection plan which covers Death & Total and Permanent Disability.
For more details of each of the available plans, click here.
2. How do I pay for the daily premiums for my add-on protection?
Your premium will be paid on a daily basis via your Dash PET account.
Keep a healthy minimum daily account balance of at least S$50 to ensure that your add-on protection plans stay active and you continue enjoying earning your returns.
3. Can I change my add-on protection coverage (sum assured)?
Yes, coverage (sum assured) amount for add-on protection can be changed from S$10,000 to S$100,000, in multiples of $1,000.
– Launch Dash app > Grow Money > Dash PET > “Add-on Protection” tab
– Select your add-on protection
– Update your sum assured and submit.
The change will be effective within one working day. Waiting period, if any, will restart with each change.
Important: As increase in sum assured will also increase the daily premium payable, do ensure sufficient funds in your Dash PET account.
4. Am I eligible for the complimentary add-on protection plan?
The complimentary add-on protection is only made available to Dash PET customers with policy start date from 27 April 2021 onwards.
5. What are the benefits of the complimentary add-on protection plan?
Upon opting in to activate your complimentary add-on protection plan, you will enjoy:
- Protection for Death & Total and Permanent Disability*
- Coverage of up to 5 times of your Dash PET Account Value (capped at S$10,000)
- Valid for your first Dash PET policy year
*In the event that you are not eligible for the Death & Total and Permanent Disability protection plan, you will be provisioned with Accidental Death protection plan instead, with the same coverage and free protection period.
ADDITIONAL INTEREST ON YOUR SAVINGS:
Receive additional 0.2% p.a. on the first S$10,000 of your Dash PET account value for the first year when while complimentary protection is active.
6. How do I activate the complimentary add-on protection plan?
It’s simple! Just follow these steps:
Launch Dash > Home screen > ‘Grow Money’ tile > Dash PET > Add-on Protection > Activate Now
7. If I activate my complimentary add-on protection, can I also purchase other add-on protection plans?
Yes! You may continue to purchase the add-on protection on top of your complimentary add-on protection, to supplement your existing coverage.
1. What if I change my mind?
Dash PET has a 14-day free look period within which you may request to cancel the policy when you access your Dash PET dashboard within Dash app.
While your policy is active and in force, you may withdraw your funds partially anytime.
There are no surrender charges if you wish to surrender the policy. Do note that a policy surrender will terminate your account and all add-on protection plans tagged to your Dash PET policy, where applicable.
2. What happens if I want to surrender my policy or file a death claim?
You can make a request via Dash app to surrender your policy. It will be processed instantly and the funds will be transferred into their Dash wallet (up to individual wallet limit) or Bank account (70cents fee will apply) immediately.
The add-on protection plans are tagged to your Dash PET policy. In the event that you wish to surrender your Dash PET policy, the add-on protection plan(s) will also be de-activated.
To file a claim, please WhatsApp Etiqa Insurance’s customer care consultants at +65 6887 8777 from Mondays to Fridays (excluding Public Holidays), 8.45am to 5.30pm within 3 months of the occurrence of the claim event.
3. Can I re-activate my policy if I free-look or surrender the policy?
Once you request for a freelook or surrender on your policy, you will not be able to sign up for Dash PET within a 12 months’ period.
4. How is Dash PET policy protected?
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you.
For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact Etiqa Insurance or visit the Life Insurance Association (LIA) or SDIC websites (www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
Dash PET is categorized under “Individual life and voluntary group life policies (with the exception of annuities)” with a cap of S$500,000 for the aggregated guaranteed sum insured and S$100,000 for aggregated guaranteed surrender value per life insured per insurer.
5. Who is Etiqa Insurance?
Etiqa Insurance Pte. Ltd. is a licensed life and general insurance company registered in the Republic of Singapore and governed by the Insurance Act. It is an insurance arm of Maybank Group which is among Asia’s leading banking groups and South East Asia’s fourth largest bank by assets. To know more about our corporate profile, visit our website at www.etiqa.com.sg.
6. I have further queries on my Dash PET policy, who should I contact?
For general enquiries on Dash PET, visit https://bit.ly/Etiqa24x7LiveChatAssistance to start a live chat with Etiqa Insurance’s agents immediately.
For enquiries on your existing Dash PET policy, please WhatsApp Etiqa Insurance’s customer care consultants at +65 6887 8777 from Mondays to Fridays (except Public Holidays), 8.45am to 5.30pm.