We have the answers you need
ePROTECT personal mobility
1. If I am a foreigner or Singaporean Permanent Resident (PR), can I purchase this policy?
Yes, you can purchase this policy as long as you are a Singapore PR or hold a valid employment pass, dependant’s pass, work pass, long-term visit pass or student pass in Singapore.
2. What is the age limit if I wish to apply for this policy?
The Insured named in the Schedule must be at least eight (8) years of Age and not more than sixty-five (65) years of Age on the Effective Date of Insurance.
If the Insured is younger than eighteen (18) years of Age on the Effective Date of Insurance, the Insured must be:
a) a legal child including stepchild and/or legally adopted child of the Policy Owner;
b) wholly dependent on the Policy Owner for financial support and not gainfully employed in any way; and
The Policy Owner must be at least eighteen (18) years of Age.
3. Can the policy be terminated?
a) You may terminate the policy any time prior to expiry by giving us seven (7) days’ notice in writing.
b) Automatic termination shall take effect:
- Upon the death of the Insured; or
- If the Insured ceases to be eligible on the grounds of age, and/or Residential Qualification; or
- Upon full payment of benefit under Sections 1 or 2(a) to 2(d) on the policy wording.
C) We may give notice of termination by registered post to you at your last known address. Such termination shall become effective after thirty (30) days following the date of such notice.
D) Premium Position Upon Termination
In the event of termination of this policy by us, the proportionate part of any premium received in respect of the unexpired period of the Policy will be refunded to you. In the event of termination of this policy by you beyond the free look period, the proportionate part of any premium received in respect of the unexpired period of the Policy will not be refunded to you.
4. Is there a free-lock priod?
There is a 14-day free-look period for this policy.
5. Can I get a refund if I cancel my plans after the ‘free look’ period?
If no claim has been made, you can get a pro-rated refund for the balance period of the coverage. However, if a claim had been made, no refund can be given.
6. How will I know if my online purchase is successful?
When you complete the purchase, you will get a confirmation message on your screen. At the same time, you will receive confirmation via SMS and email. If you do not receive an SMS or email from us within one hour, please call us at 6887 8777.
7. What documents will I receive after purchasing eProtect personal mobility successfully?
You will receive the following documents via email:
- Official receipt;
- Schedule; and
- Policy Wording
8. I entered my details wrongly. What should I do?
Please log in to TiqConnect to update your details or email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately, as any wrong information may affect claim payment.
9. Does the eProtect personal mobility cover me while I am oversea?
You will only be covered when the accident occurs while riding, mounting or dismounting from a bicycle or personal mobility device in Singapore.
However, if you opt for geographical limit extension, your comprehensive coverage and bicycle rider cover will be extended to West Malaysia and Thailand (but only within 80 km of the border of Malaysia)
1. What are the types of personal mobility devices that are covered under this policy?
Under this policy, personal mobility devices means (but not limited to) wheelchair, scooter, power scooter, power assisted unicycle, hoverboard, rollerblade, roller-skate, skateboard, skate-scooter and unicycle.
A personal mobility device is defined as a vehicle that: –
a. Is designed to be used by one person;
b. Has one or more wheels that operate on a single axis;
c. Is propelled by an electric motor attached to the vehicle or by human power or both.
d. Does not resemble a motor car or motorcycle.
Do note that under this policy, the bicycle is also covered.
Bicycle means a pedal bicycle or tricycle to be used by one person.
2. What does the eProtect personal mobility Cover?
|BENEFITS*||PLANS (SUM INSURED S$)|
|Permanent Disablement due to Accident||$150,000||$150,000||$150,000||$200,000|
|Permanent Total Paralysis or complete insanity or injuries resulting in being permanently bedridden||$150,000||$150,000||$150,000||$200,000|
|Permanent Total Loss of sight of both eyes or use of both hands or both feet or combination of these||$150,000||$150,000||$150,000||$200,000|
|Permanent Total Loss of speech||$150,000||$150,000||$150,000||$200,000|
|Permanent Total Loss of hearing in both ears||$150,000||$150,000||$150,000||$200,000|
|Permanent Total Loss of sight of one eye or use of one limb||$75,000||$75,000||$75,000||$100,000|
|Permanent Total Loss of hearing in one ear||$30,000||$30,000||$30,000||$40,000|
|Permanent Total Loss of use of a shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, ankle or wrist||$22,500||$22,500||$22,500||$27,500|
|Permanent Total Loss of use or loss by amputation of:|
|Any other finger or one big toe||$7,500||$7,500||$7,500||$10,000|
|Any other toe||$3,000||$3,000||$3,000||$4,000|
|Medical Expense Reimbursement|
Medical Expense Reimbursement
(For any one accident) (Deductible of $200 applies, except for treatment by Traditional Chinese Medical Practitioner which is subject to a sub-limit of $100 per visit and $1,000 per accident)
|Accidental death or Bodily Injury to third party||$300,000||$300,000||$300,000||$300,000|
|Loss or damage to property|
|Legal costs and expenses of litigation recovered against you|
|Costs and expenses of legal defence incurred by you|
3. What does the eProtect personal mobility optional Cover includes?
(1 BICYCLE COVER)
(2 BICYCLE COVER)
(3 BICYCLE COVER)
|Insurance for Bicycle (anywhere in Singapore)|
|Bicycle loss and damage* arising from:|
|Accidental damage||N.A.||Bicycle value between $1,501 – $3,000||Total Bicycle values between $3,001 – $10,000||Total Bicycle values between $10,001 – $20,000|
|Other Optional Coverage|
|Geographical Limit Extension||N.A.||$39.90||$39.90||$39.90|
|Loss in Transit||N.A.||$25.00||$25.00||$25.00|
* Age of Bicycle : Brand New or Used Bicycles and less than 2 years Subject to deductible $200 each and every claim
^ With clear visible evidence of forcible entry to your home and have reported the theft to the police and provided us a copy of the police report
4. What does the personal liability benefit cover?
This benefit covers you if you are legally responsible for accidentally injuring someone or causing loss or damage to someone else’s property while you are riding, mounting or dismounting a bicycle or personal mobility device in Singapore. We will pay for the legal expenses for representing or defending you in Singapore and/or the amount awarded against you by the court in Singapore.
However, if you opt for geographical limit extension, your personal liability coverage will be extended to West Malaysia and Thailand (but only within 80 km of the border of Malaysia)
5. What is covered under Loss In Transit (Optional Add-On)
The policy covers loss or damage to your bicycle which occurs whilst in transit.
6. What is covered under Geographical Limit Extension (Optional Add-on).
Geographical Limit Extension provides cover if:
a) in the Republic of Singapore, West Malaysia and Thailand (but only within 80 km of the border of Malaysia)
b) for transit by sea, only during direct sea route across
i) the straits between Penang and the mainland of West Malaysia;
ii) the straits between Changi Point, Singapore and Tanjong Belungkor, Johor.
7. What are the type of bicycles covered for Bicycle Rider Coverage (Optional Cover)
This policy will cover:
Brand New and Used Bicycles and less than 2 years with a value more than $1,500. We cover bicycles as being any cycle, tricycle or tandem powered by human pedalling. This includes road bikes, mountain bikes, track bikes, BMX and recumbent bicycles.
This policy will not cover bicycles:-
- used to earn an income, such as but not limited to, delivering goods, parcels, packages or other types of courier services;
- owned or ridden by professional cyclists or sponsored cyclists;
- used for carrying passengers.
- used by or in the care of a person under 18 years of age.
8. Does the medical expenses for injury due to accident benefit cover treatment at a Chinese medicine practitioner or chiropractor incurred due to injury?
Yes, we will pay for you to be treated in Singapore by a Chinese medicine practitioner or chiropractor due to injury as long as the practitioners are registered and have a valid practicing certificate. We will pay up to the benefit limit or up to a period of 90 days from the date of accident, whichever comes first.
9. What does the eProtect personal mobility optional cover includes?
ePROTECT personal mobility includes optional cover Bicycle Rider which has been designed to cover the everyday use of bicycles valued above $1,500 subject to maximum value as shown on your Policy Schedule according to Plan Type.
ePROTECT personal mobility also includes optional add-on geographical limit extension and loss in transit .