ePROTECT personal mobility
Yes, you can purchase this policy as long as you are a Singapore PR or hold a valid employment pass, dependant’s pass, work pass, long-term visit pass or student pass in Singapore.
- The Insured named in the Schedule must be at least eight (8) years of Age and not more than sixty-five (65) years of Age on the Effective Date of Insurance.
- If the Insured is younger than eighteen (18) years of Age on the Effective Date of Insurance, the Insured must be:
- a legal child including stepchild and/or legally adopted child of the Policy Owner;
- wholly dependent on the Policy Owner for financial support and not gainfully employed in any way; and
The Policy Owner must be at least eighteen (18) years of Age.
The policy covers loss or damage to your bicycle which occurs whilst in transit.
Geographical Limit Extension provides cover if:
a) in the Republic of Singapore, West Malaysia and Thailand (but only within 80 km of the border of Malaysia)
b) for transit by sea, only during direct sea route across
i) the straits between Penang and the mainland of West Malaysia;
ii) the straits between Changi Point, Singapore and Tanjong Belungkor, Johor.
This policy will cover:
Brand New and Used Bicycles and less than 2 years with a value more than $1,500. We cover bicycles as being any cycle, tricycle or tandem powered by human pedalling. This includes road bikes, mountain bikes, track bikes, BMX and recumbent bicycles.
- This policy will not cover bicycles;
- used to earn an income, such as but not limited to, delivering goods, parcels, packages or other types of courier services;
- owned or ridden by professional cyclists or sponsored cyclists;
- used for carrying passengers.
- used by or in the care of a person under 18 years of age.
Under this policy, personal mobility devices means (but not limited to) wheelchair, scooter, power scooter, power assisted unicycle, hoverboard, rollerblade, roller-skate, skateboard, skate-scooter and unicycle.
A personal mobility device is defined as a vehicle that:
- Is designed to be used by one person;
- Has one or more wheels that operate on a single axis;
- Is propelled by an electric motor attached to the vehicle or by human power or both
- Does not resemble a motor car or motorcycle.
Do note that under this policy, the bicycle is also covered.
Bicycle means a pedal bicycle or tricycle to be used by one person.
This benefit covers you if you are legally responsible for accidentally injuring someone or causing loss or damage to someone else’s property while you are riding, mounting or dismounting a bicycle or personal mobility device in Singapore. We will pay for the legal expenses for representing or defending you in Singapore and/or the amount awarded against you by the court in Singapore.
However, if you opt for geographical limit extension, your personal liability coverage will be extended to West Malaysia and Thailand (but only within 80 km of the border of Malaysia)
b) Automatic termination shall take effect:
- Upon the death of the Insured; or
- If the Insured ceases to be eligible on the grounds of age, and/or Residential Qualification; or
- Upon full payment of benefit under Sections 1 or 2(a) to 2(d) on the policy wording.
d) Premium Position Upon Termination In the event of termination of this policy by us, the proportionate part of any premium received in respect of the unexpired period of the Policy will be refunded to you. In the event of termination of this policy by you beyond the free look period, the proportionate part of any premium received in respect of the unexpired period of the Policy will not be refunded to you.
Yes, we will pay for you to be treated in Singapore by a Chinese medicine practitioner or chiropractor due to injury as long as the practitioners are registered and have a valid practicing certificate. We will pay up to the benefit limit or up to a period of 90 days from the date of accident, whichever comes first.
You will only be covered when the accident occurs while riding, mounting or dismounting from a bicycle or personal mobility device in Singapore.
However, if you opt for geographical limit extension, your comprehensive coverage and bicycle rider cover will be extended to West Malaysia and Thailand (but only within 80 km of the border of Malaysia)
Yes. There is a 14-day free-look period for this policy.
ePROTECT personal mobility includes optional cover Bicycle Rider which has been designed to cover the everyday use of bicycles valued above $1,500 subject to maximum value as shown on your Policy Schedule according to Plan Type.
ePROTECT personal mobility also includes optional add-on geographical limit extension and loss in transit .
ePROTECT personal mobility covers accidental death and permanent disability, medical expenses as well as protection against third-party liability when one meets with accidents while riding, mounting or dismounting from any bicycle or personal mobility device in Singapore.
If you have a TiqConnect account with Etiqa, please log onto TiqConnect to submit your claims online. Otherwise, you may register for an account on our corporate website. Access can be created immediately. You may also contact our Customer Care hotline at +65 6887 8777 or email them at email@example.com for further assistance.