We have the answers you need
Tiq Travel Insurance
1. Who can buy Tiq Travel Insurance?
- Permanent Resident of Singapore
- Foreigner with valid Work Pass
- Foreigner with valid Student Pass
- Foreigner with valid Dependant’s Pass
- Foreigner with valid Long-term Visit Pass
- Transit travellers* [EXCLUSIVE TO TIQ]
*Please note that this insurance will only cover for a round trip commencing and returning to Singapore within the effective coverage period.
2. Can I apply for Tiq Travel Insurance if I am more than 70 years old?
Yes, we cover beyond 70 years of age with reduced travel insurance benefits for Personal Accident, Medical Expenses Incurred Overseas and in Singapore, and Act of Terrorism Cover.
For more information, please refer to the Policy Wording.
3. How do you define a “child”?
A “child” is defined as someone who is unmarried and unemployed, and is at least 3 months old, and below 18 years old or up to 25 years of age if studying full-time in a recognised tertiary institution.
4. Can my child be covered by travel insurance on his/her own?
For individual travel insurance, policyholder must be at least 18 years of age. Under a family annual plan, the child can travel separately on his/her own. In case of exceptional circumstances, please write in to our customer service team to request a purchase.
5. Can I buy travel insurance while I am abroad?
You can purchase our travel insurance online at any time, 24/7. However, please note that the policy should be effective before you physically depart from Singapore.
1. How can I get emergency travel assistance when I am overseas?
As a policyholder, you are entitled to the following free travel assistance services provided by Allianz Global Assistance . To access the service, simply dial the Emergency Services Hotline at +65 6415 8694 and quote your Policy Number. Consultation is free. Other third-party costs and expenses are covered under this Policy subject to the terms and conditions provided in the Policy Wording.
Our Travel Information and Emergency Assistance Services comprise the following:
– Pre-Trip Information Services
– Inoculation Requirements & Visa Requirements
– 24-hours Emergency General Travel Assistance (English & Mandarin)
– Embassy Referral
– Loss Luggage Assistance
– Loss Passport Assistance
– Emergency Message Transmission Assistance
– Interpreter Referral
– Telephone Medical Advice
– Medical Service Provider Referral
– Arrangement of Appointment with Local Doctors
– Arrangement of Hospital Admission
– Guarantee of Medical Expenses Incurred
– Monitor Medical Condition during Hospitalization with Attending Physician
2. Are there any exclusions under Tiq Travel?
Unfortunately we are unable to cover everything and there are exclusions such as hazardous occupations or those who participate in professional high-risk sports and extreme sports. We also have countries exclusions. Please refer to the Policy Wording for the full exclusions list.
3. Do you cover pre-existing medical conditions?
Yes, we do! Pre-existing conditions are only covered for single trips with a duration of less then 30 days under the following sections:
• Section 2: Medical Expenses Incurred Overseas
• Section 4: Overseas Hospital income
• Section 10: Emergency Medical Evacuation
• Section 11: Repatriation of Mortal Remains to Singapore
The respective sublimits would apply. Please refer to the Policy Wording for more information.
4. What is the definition of “pre-existing medical conditions”?
The Insured Person(s) must meet all the following conditions to be eligible for Tiq Travel Insurance Pre-Ex cover:
(a) The Insured Person(s) is following their treating doctor’s advice for all their pre-existing medical condition. This includes not refusing or delaying any monitoring, medical appointment, medical test, medication, treatment or surgery.
(b) The Insured Person(s) does not have any medical condition or symptom which they have not consulted a doctor for or for which they are waiting for medical test, medical result, diagnosis, treatment or surgery.
(c) In the last 12 months, the Insured Person(s) does not have any pre-existing medical condition which has required them to:
• receive treatment at a hospital’s Accident and Emergency Department more than once;
• stay in a hospital as an inpatient for more than three days in a row; and
• stay in a hospital as an inpatient for more than once.
5. Will I be covered if I am going overseas for medical treatment?
No, we do not cover persons going overseas to receive medical treatment.
6. What is a group plan?
A travel insurance Policy issued to you in respect of the Insured Persons named in the Schedule who are travelling as a group, with a maximum of 10 insured persons.
If you have more than 10 insured persons, we will recommend for you to apply for 2 (or more) Group Plans (as required) (E.g. 18 insured persons will require 2 Group Plans). The Insured Persons under the Group Plan must travel together on a Trip.
Group Plan is only available under Single Return Trip Policy for Pre-Ex Plans and Non Pre-Ex Plans.
7. Can we purchase a group policy if one of the travellers is a child who is unrelated to us?
Yes! Group plans are meant to accommodate travellers who are on the same travel itinerary but not necessarily related to one another by blood relations.
8. What is a family plan?
A single trip plan comprises a maximum of up to six (6) adults traveling with up to nine (9) children. The maximum number of Insured Person(s) under one Family plan is 10 persons. The adults need not be related but the child(ren) must be the Legal Child(ren) or grandchild to either of the adult Insured Person(s). All must depart from and return to Singapore together at the same time.
For annual multi-trip plan, the Insured Person(s) will comprise You, Your Legal Spouse and any number of Your Legal Children. The child(ren) need not be accompanied by either of the parent for any trips made during the Period of Insurance.
Family Plan is only available under Non Pre-Ex plans.
8. Do family members have to travel together under the annual family plan?
No, you do not need to travel together under the annual family plan.
9. What is a couple plan?
A Married Couple Plan can be bought by two adult individuals who are legally married. The Insured Persons must travel together. Married Couple Plan is only available under Single Return Trip Policy for Pre-Ex Plans and Non Pre-Ex Plans.
10. Who is a “transit traveller”?
A “transit traveller” is someone who does not stay in Singapore (non-resident). A transit traveller will be eligible for coverage under this category if the following conditions are met:
– A transit traveller can only be covered under a Group Plan, Family Plan or Married Couple Plan only, where the policy owner must be a Singapore Resident.
– The policy owner and transit traveller(s) need not be related to each other.
– The trip undertaken by a transit traveller must start and end in Singapore.
Transit travellers are not eligible for cover under a One-Way Trip, as detailed in the General Conditions section. Please note that entry permit/boarding pass or equivalent proof of entry is required for claims processing.
11. What are the types of plans available?
Trip type: Single or Annual Multi-Trip (recommended for frequent travellers)
Plan type: Individual, Family, Married Couple or Group
Benefit type: Entry, Savvy, Luxury, Pre-Ex Entry, Pre-Ex Savvy, Pre-Ex Luxury
Optional add-ons are available for all single trip plans:
1. Rental Car Excess Cover
2. Sports Equipment Protector
3. Child Education Cover
4. Pet Hotel Cover
For more information, please refer to the Policy Wording.
12. What is an annual multi-trip plan?
An Annual Multi-Trip plan provides coverage for an unlimited number of overseas trip made within the policy year, provided that each trip is less than 90 consecutive days.
This is available as an Individual Annual Multi-Trip Plan and a Family Annual Multi-Trip Plan.
13. Can I purchase insurance for a one-way trip?
Yes, we cover one-way trips. Simply check on the box before selecting your country of travel.
14. Can I choose to only cover a portion of my trip if I am doing a multi-city trip?
No, your period of insurance must include your entire trip from the date of departure from Singapore to the date of arrival in Singapore.
15. Should the travel policy end date be the date I board the plane or my arrival date in Singapore?
You should always get coverage for your travels up to the time/date that you are physically back in Singapore.
16. Am I covered for my Airbnb accommodation?
Yes, provided the Airbnb booked is legal in the country of travel.
17. What kinds of leisure activies are covered under Tiq Travel Insurance?
The following leisure activities are covered:
– Leisure scuba diving where the Insured Person(s) is diving no deeper than thirty (30) meters under the supervision of a qualified diving instructor; or the Insured Person(s) hold a PADI certification and He is diving within the certified depth under His PADI certification (but no deeper than 30 meters) and the Insured Person(s) is diving with a buddy or instructor who holds a PADI certification.
– Hot air balloon ride, parachuting, sky diving, bungee jumping, hang-gliding, paragliding, and non-competitive winter sports.
– Motorcycling where the Insured Person(s) hold a motorcycle license recognised by the country He is travelling in and provided that the Insured Person(s) wear a helmet at all times whilst motorcycling and abide by all applicable road laws of that country
For more information, please refer to the Policy Wording.
18. Can I purchase this insurance if I am going on a Cruise to Nowhere?
Yes you may purchase this insurance. Simply select either “Malaysia” or “Indonesia” as your country of travel.
1. If I decide not to proceed with my trip, can I recover the premium paid for my policy?
For single trip policy, we will grant a full refund of the premium prior to the commencement of the Policy. There will be no refund for cancellation after the period of insurance has commenced.
For annual multi-trip policy, we will grant a pro rata refund of the premium paid corresponding to the unexpired Period of Insurance as long as the amount to be refunded is at least $20 and no claim has been submitted prior to the cancellation of this Policy:
|Months remaining on Your Policy||11||10-9||8-7||6-5||4-3||2|
|Refund of premium payable(%)||60||50||40||30||20||10|
2. Can I extend the period of cover if I decide to extend my trip whilst overseas?
Please contact our friendly Customer Care Consultants for further advice. For your convenience, you may chat with us via Whatsapp at +65 6887 8777. Our customer care operation hours are:
Mondays – Fridays
8:45am – 5:30pm
(Excluding Public Holidays)
3. Can I change my travel commencement date?
Yes, you can change the commencement date only if you notify us prior to the commencement of your trip or effective date of coverage, whichever is sooner. Please contact our friendly Customer Care Consultants for this service.
You may also choose to use our self-service TiqConnect portal to change your travel dates, provided the travel duration and destination are the same and the trip has not commenced.
1. I am travelling to multiple countries, which country should I select?
You might have missed it, but we allow multiple country selection so go ahead and choose all the countries you will be visiting (we won’t lie, we’re so envious)! Do watch out for the country exclusions in our Policy Wording, though.
2. Can I buy travel insurance if I forgot to purchase prior to my departure?
No, you will not be covered if you have already physically left Singapore.
3. Can I purchase a Pre-Ex plan together with a non Pre-Ex plan?
Yes you can mix and match the plans for Married Couple and Group Plans for single trips only, provided the trip does not exceed 30 days.
4. Can I buy add-ons for a child?
No, add-ons can only be purchased for adult travelers.
5. Why do you ask for my flight details during application?
In case of a flight delay, technology helps us track the status of your flight and pay your claims automatically into your eWallet. You can cash out the claims via PayNow conveniently.
Other questions you might have…
-Do you mean I don’t have to submit any claims manually?
Yes, provided you have given us the accurate flight details.
-What about my transit flights?
Fret not! Any delays on transit flights are covered as well, up to the policy limit. The only difference is that we do not help to track these flights and claims have to be submitted in case of a transit flight delay.
-What if I do not have my flight details while applying for travel insurance?
You can still input or change your flight details in your TiqConnect account after the purchase.
6. What modes of payment do you accept?
We accept payment via Credit Card, eNets and eWallet credits.
1. How do I make a claim?
If you have a TiqConnect account with Etiqa, please log onto TiqConnect to submit your claims. Otherwise, you may register for an account on our corporate website. Access can be created immediately. You may also contact our Customer Care hotline at 6887 8777.
2. How does the automated flight delay benefit work? Do I still need to submit a claim if my flight gets delayed?
Our automated flight delay benefit is applicable for all flights departing and returning to Singapore, as long as you have entered the accurate flight information in your application. We use technology to determine if your flight has been delayed and make the payouts accordingly to your eWallet, which you can encash via PayNow. You do not need to make any manual claims.
Please note this automation does not include any transit flights that you might take during your travel period. You will still need to submit a claim if you experience transit flight delays during your policy period.