We have the answers you need
Private Car Insurance
1. How can I buy Private Car Insurance?
You could also call us on +65 6887 8777 or walk-in to our Customer Care office at 16 Raffles Quay, Hong Leong Building, #01-04A, Singapore 048581.
2. When do I need to buy Private Car Insurance?
We recommend that you get yourself covered for Private Car Insurance from Etiqa before you start driving the car or before your current insurance expires.
In Singapore, it is against the law to drive a motor vehicle on the road without a valid insurance policy. The minimum requirement is that the policy provides cover for personal injury to other parties.
You may purchase car insurance from us as early as 6 months before the expiry of your existing insurance.
3. Who can buy Private Car Insurance?
You can be covered for Private Car Insurance from Etiqa anytime if:
– You are the car owner aged 24 to 75 and have a valid driving licence of at least 2 years.
– You use your car for personal purposes (including carpool or car sharing arrangement to carry passengers for payment but only if the passengers are contributing towards the running expenses of the car).
To get covered immediately, click here.
4. Can I cancel my policy at any time?
You can cancel a policy at any time by giving us 7 days’ notice in writing. If you cancel, we refund 80% of the pro-rata premium for the unexpired period provided no claim has arisen during the then current period of insurance. However, we do not refund any premium if it is less than $25.
1. How does the On-the-go windscreen repair service work?
In the event that you require windscreen repairs or replacement services, simply call our windscreen panel workshop at +65 6278 0887 to schedule a date and time at your convenience for the servicing.
2. How does the 30-minutes claim approval work?
Our fast claims approval is applicable to only own-damage motor claims under the amount of S$5,000 at Etiqa’s authorised workshops. Upon receiving the necessary claims and estimated damage documents, repair claims of up to S$5,000 can be approved in just 30 minutes. Exclusions apply for claims which are subjected to further investigation or a breach of policy conditions.
3. What is covered under Private Car Insurance?
Private Car Insurance provides customizable coverage suitable for all private car owners.
– Personal Accident cover of up to S$50,000 for the main driver
– Medical expenses of up to S$1,000
– You may visit any motor workshop of your choice when you select our “any workshop” rider
– Towing service of up to S$200
– Windscreen Cover (with an excess of S$100). You don’t have to pay any excess for windscreen repair
– On-the-Go windscreen servicing
– Flood and/or another convulsion of nature and Strike, Riot & Civil Commotion (applicable to Comprehensive Cover only)
– Passenger Risk
– Legal Liability of Passengers for Acts of Negligence
– Third Party Liability including bodily injury and property damage
– Legal Service of up to S$2,000
– 5% Demerit Free Discount
To learn more about our car insurance benefits, click here.
4. Am I able to choose my excess amount to suit my needs?
Yes, you may adjust your excess amount with our comprehensive plan.
5. Do you cover my car’s sun/moon/sky roof?
Yes there is an option to add cover (up to $2,000) for your car’s sun/moon/sky roof if you opt for a comprehensive plan.
6. Do you cover my car’s solar film?
Yes there is an option to add cover (up to $1,000) for your car’s solar film if you opt for a comprehensive plan.
7. Is there any warranty if my car is repaired at one of your authorised workshops?
Yes there is a 9 months warranty for repairs carried out on your vehicle, if it is repaired at any of the Etiqa authorized workshops. The warranty commences from the time that you take possession of the car after completion of repairs.
8. Do you cover for damage to my car due to a flood or fallen tree?
Yes, damage caused by flood and fallen tree is covered under our comprehensive plan.
9. Does your insurance cover me for driving in Malaysia and/or Thailand?
Yes, your car is covered if driving in the Republic of Singapore, West Malaysia and Thailand (but only within 80 km of the border of Malaysia). We also cover for transit by sea, only during direct sea route across
i) the straits between Penang and the mainland of West Malaysia;
ii) the straits between Changi Point, Singapore and Tanjong Belungkor, Johor.
10. Am I covered for modifications/accessories to my car?
Modifications and/or accessories are only covered if they are LTA-compliant.
11. How do you define a “young, elderly and/or inexperienced driver” and what is the excess?
A “young, elderly and/or inexperienced driver” is defined as someone:
a) under the age of 24,
b) above the age of 75, and/or
c) who has held a full driving licence for less than 2 years.
The insured shall bear an additional excess of S$4,000 (section I) under this policy.
12. Can I protect my No Claims Discount (NCD)?
Yes you can choose to add-on a NCD protector if you’re currently at NCD 30%.
13. Where can I get my car repaired when my car is damaged due to an accident?
You can send your car to any workshop of your choice if you added-on the “My Workshop” option with our Comprehensive plan. Otherwise, the list of Etiqa Authorised Workshops can be found here.
14. What happens if my windscreen is damaged because of an accident?
If there is no other damage to your car, you will be fully reimbursed for the cost of repairing or replacing a new windscreen. Otherwise, there is an applicable excess of $100 for a replacement, and no excess for a repair. This benefit is only applicable under our Comprehensive plan. Also, claiming for this benefit will not affect your No Claim Discount (NCD) upon renewal.
15. How do I get the free coverage for child car seat?
During the car insurance application under add-ons, simply check this cover to add it to your policy for free.
16. How many child car seats are covered?
There is no limit to the number of child car seats covered, but the complimentary coverage for child car seat(s) is up to a $300 limit in the event of an accident .