We have the answers you need
1. Do I get a discount when buying ePROTECT maid?
You can check out our ongoing promotions here.
1. How does the Termination / Re-hiring Expenses work?
You will be reimbursed for the agency fees of hiring a replacement maid during the period of your maid’s hospitalisation due to death or permanent disability. The replacement maid must be hired within 30 days of the death or repatriation of your current maid.
2. Will my maid be covered when she returns to her home country for holiday?
The maid insurance cover ceases from the time she leaves Singapore and resumes upon her return provided her work permit is not cancelled.
3. Why do I need 14/26 months of maid insurance coverage and bond when my maid’s work permit is only for 12/24 months?
This a requirement by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). For more information, please visit MOM’s website.
4. Does the maid insurance coverage start immediately?
The commencement date will be a minimum of 5 working days from the date of application, but not more than 14 days. Please note that this process needs to be done before your maid’s arrival in Singapore. Otherwise, the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority may deny your maid’s entry and she will be sent back to her home country.
5. How does Alternative Maid Services work?
This benefit relieves an employer by reimbursing a fixed daily sum of up to 30 days for the cost of hiring alternative domestic help during the period of your maid’s hospitalisation due to a covered injury or illness.
6. How does Wages & Levy Reimbursement work?
You will be reimbursed for the pro rata wages and Foreign Worker Levy if your maid is unfit to work due to hospitalisation as a result of an injury or illness for up to 30 days.
7. What is the difference between Medical Expenses benefit and Hospitalisation & Surgical Expenses benefit?
Medical Expenses (under Personal Accident protection) cover the cost of treatments (including out-patient treatment) due to accidents only. Hospitalisation & Surgical Expenses cover in-patient costs, including surgery, when your maid is hospitalised due to illness or accident for up to 90 days.
8. Do I need to purchase a special performance bond to employ maids from Indonesia?
The Indonesian Embassy in Singapore requires a S$6,000 performance bond as a condition to employ foreign domestic workers (FDWs) from Indonesia from February 2018. However, the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) does not require you to purchase a special performance bond as Singapore has a comprehensive regulatory framework to protect all foreign domestic workers (FDWs). You should consult your maid employment agency if in doubt. Alternatively, you can or refer to MOM’s website for more information.
9. I want to limit my liability on the S$5,000 Security Bond. What additional coverage can I get?
You can take up the optional add-on, Security Bond Protector, to get reimbursement of indemnity paid to insurer, hich will limit your liability on the S$5,000 Security Bond to S$250, provided that the breach of the Security Bond is not due to your own negligence or fault.
10. How does the Letter of Guarantee work?
We will issue a Letter of Guarantee for the sum of $5,000 as a security bond on your behalf to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). If you require, we can also issue a Letter of Guarantee to the Philippine Overseas Labour Office in Singapore (POLO) on your behalf.
If a demand is made by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and/or the Philippine Overseas Labour Office in Singapore (POLO) as the case may be, we will first meet the payment and recover it from you under the Counter Indemnity of the insurance.
You can purchase the optional cover for a waiver of the Counter Indemnity in respect of the Letter of Guarantee to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), paying only $250 for the Excess for your account. This frees you from the need to pay $5,000 cash up front to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) when you are applying for a maid in Singapore.
11. What is ePROTECT maid?
ePROTECT maid insurance is a comprehensive package of benefits that includes Accidental Death or Permanent Disablement, Hospital & Surgical Expenses, Replacement Maid Expenses, Wages & Levy Reimbursement, Repatriation Expenses, Insurance Guarantee Bond and other benefits.
Yes, our maid insurance includes covers required by MOM and much more at affordable prices. For more details about our maid insurance, please click here.
1. What is the entry age of the maid insurance policy?
The applicant must be at least 21 years of age, and the maid must be at least 23 years of age on the start date of the policy.
2. Why do I need maid insurance?
It is a requirement by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) that the employers of foreign domestic workers (FDWs) purchase maid insurance for their FDWs.
3. Where can I get a quote and buy ePROTECT maid?
You can purchase ePROTECT maid online or through our Tiq by Etiqa app, available on Android and iOS. You can also visit our Customer Care office at 16 Raffles Quay, Hong Leong Building, #01-04A, Singapore 048581 where our friendly customer care personnel will assists you, or call Customer Care at +65 6887 8777.
4. When should I buy ePROTECT maid and when is the insurance policy start date?
As we will need to process and furnish the maid insurance details to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), the earliest policy start date is 5 days from the date of purchase and no more than 14 days from application date.
• For new maids, the policy start date should be the date of your maid’s arrival in Singapore or earlier.
• For renewal maids, the policy start date should be 1 day after your maid’s current work permit expires.
• For transferred maids, the policy start date should be on or before the date you apply for a transfer with MOM.
5. What is the Ministry of Manpower (MOM)’s insurance requirement for hiring a foreign domestic worker (FDW)?
The MOM’s requirements include:
• Security Bond of S$5,000.
• Personal Accident cover of S$60,000 per year
• Hospital & Surgical Expenses of at least S$15,000 per year
Click here for more information on Work Permit eligibility and requirements for FDW.
1. Can the maid insurance policy be cancelled? If so, will I get a refund?
Yes, if you cancel your maid insurance policy, you will receive a refund of premium based on the unexpired period of insurance. However, there will be no refund if the maid insurance policy is cancelled after 180 days from the commencement date of the policy, or if a claim has been made. For more information, please refer to our Policy Wording, General Conditions, No. 5 on page 20 .
1. How do I make a claim?
If you have a TiqConnect account with Etiqa, please log onto TiqConnect to submit your claims online. Otherwise, you may register for an account on our corporate website. Access can be created immediately. You may also contact our Customer Care hotline at +65 6887 8777 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
1. Is there a free-look period?
No, there is no free-look period for ePROTECT maid.